Toddler Hat and Scarflet



So I had a friend ask me if I could make a mini scarf for her toddler.  Apparently in true toddler girl form, she likes to dress up and put stuff around her neck so why not something functional and safer than maybe most things she might find, right?  So this is what I came up with.







Don't you think it needs a matching hat?  Well, I did and so I made one of those too! This stitch pattern has such great texture and the ruffles just girl it up big time!  I hope she likes it.  Hopefully I will get some pictures this weekend.


So I put together a pattern for the hat and scarf which you can find on Ravelry and Etsy


Heart Button

This is not actually serving as a button!  I have attached a button on the underside of the scarf.
It is stiff enough to use as a button but I needed this to be adjustable so a smaller button was needed.   It would be good on an over-sized cowl or something.

In an adjustable loop, sc, 3dc, 2hdc, dc, 2hdc, 3dc.  Pull loop closed but do not tighten all the way.  Sc around through the middle 12 times. Don't pull too tight so that it doesn’t change the overall shape.  Sl st tightly through the middle in the valley of the heart.  Sl st in next 6 st, ch 1, sl st in last 6.  Cut yarn leaving a tail for sewing.  Pull tail through middle.

For a bigger heart button, sc 8 times in loop first and work the 3 dc in one st and continue around as before and put the last 3 dc in the last st.



1 comment:

  1. I love this hat and scarf set!! So adorable!! Thanks for sharing at my party!

    ReplyDelete